Professional Development Grant
The Professional Development Grant is intended to provide CSPA-NYS members with the opportunity to attend the annual CSPA-NYS conference when sufficient funding is not available from their current institution. The value of the grant will be the cost of registration for the annual conference. The recipient will be responsible for their own travel and lodging costs.
Applications were due September 21, 2016 and will be reviewed by a committee. Grants will be awarded to recipients who best fulfill the outlined requirements. If you are selected for the grant and have have already registered for the conference, you will be refunded the cost of your registration.
- Be a paid member of CSPA-NYS | Register for Membership
- Demonstrate involvement in CSPA-NYS
- Not have received a grant within the previous five years
- Be willing to commit to CSPA-NYS involvement over the next academic year, which could include, but is not limited to any or all of the following:
- Submit an article or column for a CSPA-NYS E-lert
- Submit a conference presentation proposal for the next annual conference
- Participate in a CSPA-NYS committee or leadership role
- Volunteer at the annual conference or other CSPA-NYS event
Criteria by which applications will be considered:
- Financial need
- Current or potential involvement with CSPA-NYS
- Resume: a current resume that includes degrees earned and professional experience.
- Supervisor Letter: a letter from a supervisor that certifies lack of institutional funding and grants permission to attend the annual conference should the applicant be selected to receive the grant.
- Essay: no more than 500 words describing why you are seeking the grant and how you will benefit from it. Please include previous, current, or potential involvement in CSPA-NYS.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.