Graduate Student Scholarship
The Graduate Student Scholarship is intended to provide CSPA-NYS graduate student members with a monetary contribution toward tuition, fees, books, or supplies needed to successfully complete their coursework.
One $250 scholarship may be awarded annually, however, the committee may choose not to award scholarships on the basis of the quality of applications received.
Applications were due September 21, 2016 and will be reviewed by a committee. Scholarships will be awarded to recipients who best fulfill the outlined requirements.
- Be a paid graduate student member of CSPA-NYS | Register for Membership
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree by August 1 prior to the application year (August 1, 2016)
- Have earned a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA in your current degree program or your most recent baccalaureate degree if you have been enrolled in a graduate program for less than a semester
- Be accepted to and matriculated in a higher education or related field master's degree program in New York State
- Be willing to commit to CSPA-NYS involvement over the next academic year, which could include, but is not limited to any or all of the following:
- Submit an article or column for a CSPA-NYS E-Lert
- Submit a conference presentation proposal for the next annual conference
- Participate in a CSPA-NYS committee or leadership role
- Volunteer at the annual conference or other CSPA-NYS event
- Resume: a current resume that includes most recent degrees earned or pursued and professional experience.
- Recommendation Letter: a minimum of one letter of recommendation from a current supervisor or graduate program faculty.
- Proof of Enrollment: either an unofficial transcript from current graduate program and a letter from current graduate program chair.
- Essay: no more than 500 words describing why you are seeking the scholarship and how you will benefit from it. Please include previous, current or potential involvement in CSPA-NYS.
For more information, contact email@example.com.